Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 6 of Nepal Separation

Greg:
Absolutely nothing happened today. The fact that I am able to write that is a miracle. Only by God's intervention was I able to hold myself back from violence. It all started out innocently enough. My dad wanted to go to Vermont to look at the leaves. The leaves are fine here, but I went along with his plan. I even researched some things to do in Southern Vermont, including a craft fair and a fall festival. We didn't leave until 1 p.m. Not a good start. I fell asleep during the ride up there and when I woke was told we were going to New Hamshire instead. This was not a planned detour, but rather a let's-make-the-best-of-getting-lost situation. It was about 3 p.m. and instead of having lunch at a quaint local eatery, we bought donuts at a gas station Dunkin' Donuts. I don't like donuts. We later pulled off the highway and spent 20 minutes in a tiny art/craft store. Apparently this was the end of our journey because my dad promptly got on the freeway and started heading south. We drove all that way for that? Having eaten nothing for seven hours, I was getting a little grumpy and wondering why we were not pulling off the highway for dinner. Apparently we were looking for a Texas Roadhouse that was seen during the ride north. Of course the Texas Roadhouse was nowhere to be found so we settled on Outback Steakhouse. We did have a great meal and finished up right at 7 p.m. Great, we should be home by 8 p.m., right? Wrong. I woke up an hour later and discovered we were in Cape Cod. Don't ask, I have no idea how we got there either. We were actually in Falmouth. I wanted to get home as quickly as possible so I jumped in the driver's seat. We just got home. Nine hours later. We spent more time in the car today that on the airplane to get to Connecticut, but at least on the plane we actually went somewhere. So you see, I needed my LL to talk me out of the bell tower, and your message really lifted my spirits! On the plus side, your girls were very good especially being cooped up in the car for so long. Sorry my post turned into a vent, but I always feel better when I "talk" to you. Maybe I was so annoyed because I miss my LL so much. Hopefully there will be more (something) to post tomorrow! LL and XO

No comments: