Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 1 of Nepal Trip

The posts for the next 14 days will be a running commentary to Greg so he can see all he missed while he was on his mission trip to Nepal.

Here we are on Day 1 of your trip. At this point you only left the country about 5 minutes ago, and I am missing you terribly. I can't believe I missed the only call I will probably receive for the next 14 days. I am so angry! I took the girls for a run along the canal and saw your call when I returned. You see? Exercise is horrible! I was hoping you would call back before your 9 p.m. EDT flight out of JFK, but no such luck. I am not expecting a call from your next stop in Dubai tomorrow. I hope you are comfortable on your journey.

Today was ordinary. After we dropped you off at 0-dark-hundred, we took a nap until 7:30 a.m. Work was quiet without you there, but the girls were amazingly good tucked away in your office watching movies. I bought them lunch at Chick-fil-A as a treat for their good behavior, which they ate back at the house. We took our 3-mile run and then returned the movies to Blockbuster. On the way, the odometer flipped 51,000 miles (I am probably more interested in that fact than you). Now I am finishing up your postcards and will start packing soon. I should have had packing night with you on Saturday.

What a treat, you just called! I was misinformed about your flight departure time so I was expecting a communication blackout for the next 14 days. It was so good to hear your voice, my love love. Of course, the girls were all excited and then sad again. I am chasing those blues away with some chores and they are currently vacuuming. I will try to get everyone to bed early so we can get up early and have a relaxed morning before our flight. I will think of you every minute, and check your blog for updates. I hope you can get internet access in Nepal so we can hear updates about your trip.

Until tomorrow's post, I miss and love you!

No comments: