Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 4 of Nepal Separation

Hello my LL:
Well we are nearing the end of Day 4, which was a good day, but we are still missing you. All the girls (including Grandma) slept in. We spent the afternoon shopping for the girls so I had to spend my time wondering around different sections of the store! I didn't want to start a Grandma/Mommy war.....after shopping, Grandpa took the girls for ice cream, yes before dinner. It must be the beautiful fall weather that put me in a good mood to allow this travesty of nutrition! There are few sights more beautiful than the sun shining through the yellow leaves of a gorgeous fall tree. Kelly brought the boys over and I got to see my adorable nephews. The kids play so well together. I wish we could see them more often........Derek gave me big hugs, but I literally had to tackle Brenden to get my arms around him. It wasn't a very heartwarming hug with him squirming on the flooring screaming for me to let him up, but I will take what I can get. They had school pictures today and looked so adorable in these new sweaters. Tomorrow Derek is having his surgery at Yale New Haven Hospital so we need to have lots of prayers for him. I am praying so much for you that I know I will have plenty of time to talk to God on Derek's behalf.

Emily wants to say something:
Daddy, we miss you so much. I can't wait until you come home to tell us all you did in Nepal. Love you, bye!

Gabrielle's turn:
Dear Daddy, we miss you, and I love you very, very, very much! We're praying for you, and I don't know any more to say. Love your Shi Shi!

I guess that's it for today........I'll post tomorrow. Until then I will try to sleep, but it's so lonely. I'll try to just pretend you are suffering from insomnia on the couch :) I hope the toilet situation has met your expectations so far. I noticed on the itinerary that you are still in the Hotel Shakti. I pray that you are meeting and encouraging people already, and that God is moving in your heart as well.

LL

No comments: