Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 5 of Nepal Trip

Hi Greg:
Today Derek had his surgery so Brenden spent the day with us. It's easy to say that I am no longer a favorite Aunt of his. My mother let's the kids get away with everything so I had to be the heavy....the girls are used to me telling them what to do, but Brenden was not happy. I had too many rules, like he had to walk near us in the mall instead of running way ahead. I did manage to get a hug when he left so maybe he forgave me a little bit. Boy does he remind me of Bobby! He just likes to annoy the girls and push the envelope as far as he can. When Derek returned from Yale-New Haven hospital he seemed like he was doing pretty good. The last time he had surgery it took almost two days for him to recover from the anesthesia. They used a different medicine and it only took him two hours to wake up, which of course upset Kelly. Good thing Cappa was there with her.

As for our day, we took the kids to the see Bobby and pick more fall leaves in the cemetary. After that we went to the Christmas Tree Shops and the mall where Grandma bought entirely too many toys, and I bought too much stuff to get home on the airplane! We also went to Borders where she bought a "Knock Knock" joke book, so guess what we have been listening to all day? At least these are real jokes and not the made up ones that inspired the book purchase in the first place! I don't think the girls understood the intent of a "knock knock" joke. After shopping, we took the kids to dinner at Wendy's and then back to my parents' house to play with all of their new toys until Derek returned. We are hoping to see them again tomorrow, but it will depend on how he is recovering. There are plans for us to go to the pumpkin farm together on Monday if we can't see them tomorrow. Boy I love spending time with them, I just wish we could see them more often. You should see all the kids together. They play so well, and have so much fun.

Tomorrow we may head north to Vermont if we can't see the boys to see fall in full bloom. The leaves have just started to change here, and it's beautiful but not fully fall yet. I am sure that it will be like last year and change the week after we leave again!

The girls are really starting to miss you....today Emily was getting a little fresh with me and I told her that she needed to pray for her heart. That prompted an immediate conviction where she started crying. She told me that she didn't know why she had acted that way. I think it's a little bit of Grandma (getting away with everything will do that), and a lot of missing you. We are all suffering from that! I keep hoping for a new post from you, but so far no luck. It's getting harder every day to not hear your voice. I keep thinking about your return and how excited we will all be.....I can't wait to kiss your yips, but I am a little concerned about hugging you after being in Nepal for two weeks! Remember the situation after the Nepali dinner? I'll take my chances! I'll post more tomorrow........LL

No comments: