Saturday, July 26, 2008

First Day of School

Well, in Arizona school starts really early. Our school is about a week ahead of everyone else here, so the girls started school this past Thursday. For Emily, it was been-there-done-that as she is entering the third grade. It was a different story for Gabrielle. You see, our baby is entering Kindergarten, which is a clear symbol of a different phase of our lives. We no longer have preschoolers at home, with the flexible schedule and carefree days. We are now the parents of school-aged children. We are beholden to scheduled vacations that the school decides, and we have to wake up every morning at 6:30 a.m. The girls were both very excited to meet their new teachers, make new friends, and of course wear their new clothes. Both of the girls walked off with barely a look back at Mom and Dad, but I sobbed when I had to let my littlest start school. My mom was always very good at hiding her tears until we were safely out of sight. I am not my mom. I was able to pull myself together for the second day, though. Here is a cute picture of the two girls ready for a brand new adventure!

1 comment:

Louisa said...

How cute they are! The first day is hard for me too. I hope they have a great year!