Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Emptiness



What started out as a small project to fix the fireplace that Greg blew up in November, has turned into a full-scale backyard remodel. The landscaper told us that four trees had to be removed. Two of the trees were too big, and would cause structural problems if they weren't removed, and the other two were dying. Well yesterday, these men with horrible chain saws attacked our backyard. These aren't really before and after pictures because the after shots will hopefully look better once the work is complete. But now our yard is extremely empty. I never knew there was a view of the neighbor's house two doors down! What didn't help was Emily screaming every time a branch hit the ground. She is like her mom, she doesn't like change either!

1 comment:

Monte Zilmer said...

Hi there guys! Jenny here. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm sorry to hear about the trees. I'd freak out too!

Emily--I love your hair! I can't wait to show the picture to the girls!

We miss you all alot and wish we could come hang out with you!